People, Place and Planet is all-important to Taste Creative. Being sustainable makes sense it improves health, increases safety and saves money.
We try our best for our practices not to damage the environment and work hard not to compromise the environment for the needs of future generations. We follow many sustainable business practices.
SUSTAINABLE CATERING OBJECTIVES
- Maximise the efficient use of raw materials, energy and water and minimise the amount of waste
- Prevent harmful emissions resulting from our activities
- Reuse and/or recycle all glass, paper, cardboard and plastic
- Recycle or compost all suitable food waste
- Plan travel for staff, suppliers and guests to minimise air emissions
- Source local produce and sustainable fish. We carefully consider suppliers who share our values, to always offer the best, and most sustainable product.
- Increase our local supplier base and reduce the number of food miles
- Reduce our overall carbon footprint across the company
- Comply with all legislation and aim for best practice
- Engage and support the local community
We believe everyone has a duty of care to the environment and encourage these aspirations amongst our staff, suppliers and clients.
Our sustainability policy is reviewed and updated annually, but also in the response to new technology, new ideas, customer requirements or legal requirements.
We recognise improving our company is an ongoing process and we continually monitor our progress and regularly review our practices to ensure we stay on track to achieving our objectives